I wanted to do cauliflower a different-than-usual way for me and ran across this recipe on RecipeZaar. It had a very high rating with a lot of reviews, plus with the amount of garlic in it, I figured it was worth taking a chance.
Happily, I was right. 🙂
Here it is:
Roasted Cauliflower & 16 Roasted Cloves of Garlic
- 1 large cauliflower (trimmed and cut into bite size pieces)
- 16 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 green chillies, minced
- 2 teaspoons red chilli pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil, adding more to taste
- Mix garlic, green chillies, red chilli pepper flakes, rosemary, salt, pepper, and olive oil.
- Toss in cauliflower, tossing to coat evenly, and place in a large casserole dish in one layer.
- Roast in a preheated oven at 450 degrees for 20 minutes; give a toss and bake for 10 more minutes.
Of course I made modifications. Have you ever known me not to? 😉 Used dried rosemary instead of fresh since that’s all I have, minced the garlic instead of leaving them whole, although next time I make this, I’ll try it whole and see what we think. I added red chilli pepper flakes and green chillies because that’s just what’s required in this household. 😉 And I didn’t bake it long enough, but that was unintentional and goes back to my usual my-oven-is-broken excuse. I baked it at gas mark 6 for 25 minutes, but really, another ten more minutes would have been fine. And that will be done the next time I make this.
And the two “the next time I make this” comments should be a huge clue. 😀 Fahim and I both loved it. He thought the cauliflower needed to be cooked longer and I agreed, but other than that, he thought it was lovely. 🙂
This is a ridiculously easy dish to make that tastes so good with so little attention required during baking that, well, you’d be silly to not give this a try. 😀
Let me know how it goes. 🙂